Tuesday 17 May 2016

Homely

The first thing I did at the shop today was to put up the Ostention bunting, now it's all ready for the final (and biggest) ceremony on Sunday...

Ostention bunting

We put in the table and chairs on Saturday and then the Nathan unit from Janet on Sunday.

Now it almost looks like home!

Nathan unit

Today I cleaned and polished the unit, washed the glasses, cutlery and china and installed everything in the unit.  It's a bit twee with all the teapots, but it looks more homely now!

Tomorrow I'm going to paint the remaining walls in the room - the bit behind the table and up to the toilet door.  Yes, I have a toilet in the kitchen.  It used to be the back room of a shop, you see, so that was perfectly normal. I don't think there is a law against it.  There are still houses here with no toilets, so we won't be picky.

Anyway, I came home just before 5 and cut the lawn, as it had been dry for a couple of days.  The birds were singing...

Cut grass and wildflower meadow

1 comment:

  1. All looks very nice and homely Penny, you've worked so incredibly hard, you should be very proud of yourself :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete