Wednesday 25 August 2010

Changing the Display

The window has been more or less the same since I opened the shop at the beginning of July, except where new items have replaced those sold , so I thought it was time for a change.  Also, dirt tends to fall from the beams when the delivery lorries rumble by and the tablecloth was in need of a shake, if not a wash!


I decided to go the whole hog and change the entire window display, and this is what it looks like now.


A sort of teatime theme.


The typewriter now sits on the little table in the middle of the shop and its weight makes the table much more stable than before!


The brocante items are going quickly - I know it's because my prices are very low, but I'm moving stuff fast, which was my aim.


The craft items are going too, and over the weekend I made more flower necklaces and I've hung them around the shop and in the window. I've been wearing this one all day...


This evening I've made some little flower hairclips, using some clic-clac grips I bought in England (not sure that's the proper name!)...



I thought I would charge 1.50€ per pair - hopefully they'll go like hot cakes!

4 comments:

  1. Your new window display is just lovely and I adore your flowery necklaces and hair clips. I am sure the hairclips will sell very well at such a low price.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Slooking good. Glad to hear that things are selling. Very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny,
    This is so exciting, I had no idea you had a shop like this, in La Belle France too! So glad your crochet hook roll arrived ok. Look forward to following your shop's journey...
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete