Monday 7 June 2010

Sofa so good...

Ouch - yes, I know it's corny...

Yesterday I bought an old sofa bed from a brocante in Rancon - a nearby village, and today it was delivered. I love it - it's perfect for the shop.

I reckon it's 1920s art deco design. You lift up the back and sort of pull out the inside to make the bed. There is even a little wooden board that matches the arms, that folds down over the end of the bed when it's all set up. Of course it's old and a bit dirty, and I made at least two big spiders homeless when I vacuumed it (actually they have a new home now - in the vacuum cleaner bag) but it'll be perfect for me to sit and knit or crochet on while waiting for customers, or to sink back on in exhaustion after a sudden rush!

1 comment:

  1. It is a wonderful couch! And you look quite satisfied sitting on it!

    ReplyDelete